Discover the Perfect Time to Embark on Your Musical and Art Journey!
Are you eagerly awaiting the right moment to kickstart your musical aspirations? Look no further! The ideal time has arrived, and it’s beckoning you to embrace the world of music. In Hindu Mythology, Vijayadashami, a day that signifies the beginning of victory and excellence, is just around the corner.
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything.” – Plato, the philosopher
Unveiling the Significance of Vijayadashami
But what makes Vijayadashami so special? Let’s delve into the history, mythologies, and profound symbolism associated with this auspicious day.
What Is Vijayadashami?
In South India, Vijayadashami follows the conclusion of Navratri and the Saraswathi Puja, marking the 10th day of victory. This year, this auspicious day falls on October 24th.
Mythological Significance of Vijayadashami
1. On this day, it is believed that Goddess Durga triumphed over the demon Mahishasura.
2. In the North, it is celebrated as Dussehra, commemorating the victory of Lord Rama over Ravana, as narrated in the Ramayana.
3. According to the Mahabharata, Arjuna defeated the Kaurava army single-handedly during their exile in the kingdom of Matsya.
What unites these legends is the theme of victory of good over evil, the transition from darkness to enlightenment, and the pursuit of knowledge. Hence, people celebrate this day by initiating education and acquiring new skills, whether in academics, sports, arts, music, and beyond.
What Happens on Vijayadashami?
This is the day when people commence new endeavors:
• Embark on academic and extracurricular pursuits.
• Make new investments in land, stocks, gold, and more.
• Learn new skills, including music, dance, and instruments.
Why Start Your Musical, Dance or Art Journey on Vijayadashami?
On Saraswathi Puja, South Indians place musical instruments before the idol of Goddess Saraswathi, seeking her blessings. These instruments are treated with reverence and not touched on that day. However, the day after, on Vijayadashami, people begin studying and practicing music, believing that whatever they commence on this auspicious day will lead to excellence throughout the year.
Music holds a special place, as Goddess Saraswathi herself is depicted holding a veena. Learning music during this auspicious time can be profoundly rewarding.
Benefits of Starting Classes on Vijayadashami
1. Ritual Discipline: Initiating music, dance or art lessons on this sacred day instills discipline and commitment from the very beginning.
2. Cultural Enrichment: Indian classical music, veena and bharathanatyam are deeply rooted in history, culture, and traditions. Learning these art forms connects individuals to their heritage, especially during the festive season.
3. Festive Harmony: Vijayadashami follows Navratri, a season filled with celebrations. Music naturally blends with the festivities, making it the perfect time to begin your musical and dance journey.
Explore Your Musical Passion with Spotlight Academy
Spotlight Academy offers Carnatic music, Veena and Bharthanatyam dance classes for both children and adults, taught by experienced instructors who are also accomplished performers. Our classes are designed to be engaging and fun, ensuring you not only learn but also enjoy every step of your musical pursuit.
From Carnatic Music to Veena to Bharatanatyam, we offer a range of classes that cater to diverse interests. Join Spotlight Academy and become part of our warm and talented community.
Join Our Family and Embark on Your Musical Odyssey!
You can register here for the class.